Reports To: Prevention/ Adherence Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The position focuses on developing and implementing interventions related to HIV/STI and other health disparities. As a key element of the intervention, the Patient Navigator will recruit and aid in retaining patients into the CLEAR program, and the PrEP program
Duties and Responsibilities include the following;
- Provide confidential assessment to determine the HIV prevention needs of the clients whether the test results are positive of negative (including the registration, and planning of prevention services).
- Provide HIV,STIs and HCV results to individuals who have tested positive or negative.
- Develops and implements strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas (ie perform blood draws for evening clinic)
- Recruit participants for the CLEAR Intervention and other interventions
- Act has back-up to CLEAR program councilors sessions
- Maintain records of all activities.
- Gain proficiency in Phlebotomy
- Assist in documenting program activities, and reports outcomes to RAO Leadership, State & County HIV/STI program.
- Develop and Conduct program evaluations and assessments and reports as directed
- Adheres to the highest principles of client/patient confidentiality; and all unit/departmental policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with DIS (Disease Intervention Specialist) for linkage, and re-linkage to prevention services, STIs screening and follow-up.
- Community Outreach and education (ie. PRIDE, health fairs etc.)
- Other duties may be assigned.
Please send all inquiries to DeCarlo Braddy, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.